This fun Groovy Gathered Skirt would be perfect for any little girl! The stretch allows for fits for all sizes and girls are sure to love the twirly ruffles! When it comes to kids clothes, homemade is the way to go!
- Waist band: 2 pcs. (12" x 4")
- Skirt: yop layer 2 pcs. (16" x 5")
- Bottom layer (plain) 2 pcs. (16" x 7")
- Sewing machine and thread
- Let's start with the waist band. Bring the short sides together, wrong side facing together, sew straight stitches 1/8" away from the seam. Sew both short sides.
- Turn your waist band inside out. Fold on the crease where you have sewn the straight stitches and sew straight stitches 1/4" away from the edge. We've just made a french seam. Do the same to the other short side.
- Fold twice (1/4" folded twice under) one of the longer side of your waist band (this will be the top part of your waist band) and sew a hem with straight stitches. Repeat the same steps for the top and bottom layer of your skirt.
- Sew gathering stiches on the unsewn side of your skirt pieces.
- Gather your skirt pieces.
- Place your top skirt inside your bottom skirt.
- It would look like this when viewed from the gathered side of the skirt.
- Sew straight stitches 1/4" away from the raw edge of the skirt pieces just a little above the gathering stitches.
- You can finish it with zigzag stitches, coverstitch, overlock stitch. Or better yet, serge it!
- Turn your skirt inside out. Topstitch on your waist band.
- With elastic thread, begin sewing shirring stitches on your waistband.
- Now, you have a layered gathered skirt with shirred waist.
For more information, go to http://arunaurl.com/4i0f!
L8r! #Bear Luv and Bear Hugz!
Post a Comment