Sam's Club

Sam's Club Back To Class

Crafter's Companion

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WELCOME - About Me , and my hopes for my biz, Bear "Heart" Bottoms, Etc.

WELCOME, to my BLOG! My name is Sharon Pharms. Most of my followers doesn't know this about me ... what I have gone through. However, first, just to make it clear, and to let everyone know; "I AM STILL STANDING!" Anyway, about the year 2000, I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease; in fact, a disease that I, until then, I never, even, heard of. Well, as I am, in the midst, of starting up this Small Craft Business; I, lately, found myself thinking of how much I want to give back, my need to give back! I want to help give to one, or all, of the organizations, that was there, for me. Therefore, I sent out a request, for info, asking assistance; on how to, go about donating a percentage, of any income, that I earn from this business, to an organization (once my business is up, and running); to find out if there are any special requirements, to abide by! The following is what I sent, and want to share, on my blog:

"I have a personal interest, lately, in Non-Profit Organizations; I wish to donate. It is amazing how one's insight into things, that they, at one time, didn't give much thought to, changes, when their life is affected, by specific turn of events. I was diagnosed with Sarcoid, or Sarcoidosis, around 2000. Sarcoid is an Auto-Immune Disease, than can attack different parts of your body. About 90 percent attack the lungs; the other 10 percent, different organs, etc. Mine attacked my Central Nervous System (CNS), the worst place for it to attack. The Medical Community does not have any answers, as to what causes it; all they try to do, is to suppress it, through different medications, usually steroids. Sarcoid is considered, like a sister, to other auto-immune diseases, like Lupus.

Anyway, I am re-establishing a passion of mine, Arts and Crafts, where I am beginning my own Small Craft Business; Bear "Heart" Bottoms, Etc. ( I, also, have a FB Page, I have another FB Page, called "Sarcoid, Strokes, Heart Attack ... Just the Unexpected." I started this Page, in an attempt to explain what I went, or am going, through, trying to discuss my thoughts (as I am, usually, a very private person), etc. I am hoping that, gradually, others, that has gone, or is going through similar experiences, join the Page, as an outlet.

Since starting my business, I have started thinking about giving a percentage, of my ; hopefully, potential profits, to this (or more) Group(s), trying to help, in finding a cure, for Sarcoid, and other auto-immune diseases. Maybe, even turning my biz into a complete Non-Profit Organization; as right now, it is a subject, very close to my heart, and thoughts. It is an illness (or, even, those similar) that I wouldn't, even, wish on my worst enemy. Does anyone know about how to start, or set it up; or can put me, in touch, with a person, or organization, that help people start Non-Profit businesses? Does anyone, also, know how to obtain a patent, on anything; a product, a name, phrases, etc.? I would appreciate any assistance, information, etc. that can aid me in achieving my goal. Thank You."

I, now, am asking, all of my Blog Followers, the same. I welcome any suggestions; expertise, or, even if it is just from the heart, to help me achieve my goal. This purpose is, really, very close to my heart; and, I do want to see it get off the ground. This is, now, my motivation to make my business succeed; besides, just, from my passion for Arts and Crafts! As I had just mentioned to some people, earlier; that, just, gave me some welcomed advice, because they wondered, about any positive endings (a partial excerpt) ...

"Oh, and there is a positive ending, 'ME' ... I had 4 strokes, and a Heart Attack, due to this Sarcoid (that I never heard of, until I was diagnosed with it), and I am still standing! My Doctor's are always saying, one cannot, just, look at me, and know this (unless I tell them). My Doctors (and the Medical Community, see me as one of their miracles (knock on wood)! I do not feel as if I would have beat the 'monsters in my life', during this time, as much as I have, without all of the organizations that stepped in, to assist me, physically, and mentally. I want to give back! I want others to 'believe' that they, too, can beat whatever, 'illness', etc., has invaded, and disrupted, their life! I thank you both, again, for the inspiration, that you are passing on to me! Currently, so many ideas are flying through my mind; that, even, I am having a hard time keeping up, with them! lol" L8r!

#Peace Out, and Lots of Bear Luv and Bear Hugz, to all of my Blog Followers!

No comments: